dpa’s international news service in English provides clear and unbiased coverage of events worldwide with a focus on Germany and Europe. The dpa desks in Berlin and Sydney produce the service around the clock relying on dpa’s correspondent network in 55 German cities and more than 90 countries around the globe.
Clients of the international service include domestic and international news agencies, newspapers, news portals and news apps on several continents. International organizations, government and private-sector institutions also draw on dpa international content.
dpa English Services GmbH is seeking an experienced Editor / Writer (m/f/d) for our international desk in Sydney, working in a competitive news environment where excellent writing, speed and good knowledge of global affairs are crucial.
What you´ll do
- Plan, coordinate and drive the coverage of stories from all over the world, with a focus on Germany and Europe
- Edit news copy according to dpa standards and style under rolling deadline pressure, ensuring accuracy and speed
- Translate stories from German into English, adapting them for an international audience
- Work closely with reporters in the field
- Source content from partner agencies to complement coverage
- Cooperate closely with dpa’s German service
- Ensure seamless 24/7 coverage in coordination with our Berlin editing desk
What we expect from you
- The ability to recognize and develop newsworthy stories of global interest and write / translate accurately under pressure
- At least two years of full-time editing experience in the news media
- Advanced-level professional competency in the English language
- Working knowledge of German and ability to translate from German into English
- Flexibility and willingness to work in the evenings and on weekends
- University degree in journalism or related field
What we offer
The position offers a great opportunity for an internationally minded journalist who wants to produce up-to-the-minute news stories for a global audience within a modern newsroom environment
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, CV and salary expectations via email to:
dpa English Services GmbH, Managing editor: Helen Maguire, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org